Thursday, June 25, 2020
Where to find us:
PICK OF THE WEEK:
If you purchase in stock weekly pick yarns from Must Love Yarn, receive 10% off with the Coupon Code we mention in the podcast! Watch Episode 73 for a quick tutorial on where to enter the coupon code at checkout if you have any questions! Be sure the discount is showing in your cart before submitting your order, we can no longer offer refunds for discounts that are not applied correctly. If you have questions please send us a message before submitting your order!
What We Are Wearing:
- Gardengate by Jennifer Steingass (Angela)
- Baby Groot by Lyrical Knits (Angela)
- Cranked Socks, Summer Edition (Angela)
- Midcoast by Jennifer Steingass out of Quince & Co Finch (Kelly)
- If Sun Comes by Amy Christoffers (Kelly)
- Super Secret Sock Design for the Next SOV box! (Kelly)
- Yoke O’Clock by Stephanie Earp (Angela)
- Longitudes Tee by Adrienne Larsen (Angela)
- Blanket of Calm by Casapinka (Angela)
- Jigshawl Puzzle by Stephen West (Kelly)
- Libertas Cardigan by Shara Lambeth - Crochet (Kelly)
- Buttonbush Pullover by Heather Zoppetti (Kelly)
- Hot Cocoa Poncho by Toni Lipsey (Kelly)
- Worsted Shorty Socks by Kelly Otty (Kelly)
- Peru Tweed Striped Rib Oversized Pullover by Barry Klein (Kelly)
- Brandilyn Top by Quenna Lee (Kelly)
- Stowe Away by Rose Beck (Kelly)
- Campsite Cap by Julie Hart (Kelly)
- Gardengate by Jennifer Steingass (Angela)
- Elton by Joji Locatelli (Angela)
- Georgetown by Hannah Fettig - Spinning/Knitting Project (Kelly)
- Sap Run Vest by Larisa Demos (Kelly)
- Syrup Waffle by Francesca Hughes (Kelly)
- Goldwing by Jennifer Steingass out of Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok colors 1323 & 1317 (Kelly)
- Scrap Along
Starts: March 6, 2020
Ends: Approximately May 6, 2020 (why approximately, well you know me and locking threads)
- Must use “scraps” - what would qualify as “scraps”?
- Leftover Yarn
- Leftover Fabric (yes, you can sew a FO)
- Yarn that you are repurposing from its originally intended project (must also list in the Frog it Thread)
- FO can be knit, crocheted, sewed, etc.
- WIPS ALLOWED
- Needs some pattern suggestions?
Neat Ripple (crochet)
Granny Stripes (crochet)
It’s Shawl Good Cardigan (crochet)
All The Colors Shawl (crochet)
You get the idea. If you have other suggestions, please add them to the Ravelry Scrap Along Thread. There is no shortage of projects. Not sure if something qualifies? Just ask.
Get creative and have fun!
- Cloudesley Along. Thanks to a very awesome discussion during the Must Love Yarn virtual knit group, we are hosting a knit along for the Cloudesley Pattern.
- Come join us for this KAL. It will start on Friday, April 10, 2020 so there is plenty of time to check your stash or order some yarn from Must Love Yarn. A WIP will be allowed if you are just so excited and can’t wait until Friday.
- The KAL will run to approximately June 15, 2020.
- Some suggestions for yarn (Note pattern calls for fingering weight yarn, some of our suggestions are for sport or DK weight yarn, please check your gauge if you are substituting a different yarn weight):
Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy (sport)
Berroco Quinoa (DK)
Berroco Remix Light (DK)
Berroco Summer Silk (DK)
There are of course many other yarn options (even so many more available in the online store). These are mostly summer type yarns
- Join us for a KAL with Larisa of Green Mountain Spinnery! We will be running a virtual KAL that will kick off on May 14th at 7pm during a Virtual Knit Night through Zoom! If you are interested in joining us, please send us an email for the link to the zoom chat - hello(at)mustloveyarn.com. We will be knitting the patterns of Jennifer Steingass, she’s got some great ones! So grab your needles and yarn and get your swatches made and we’ll see you next week!
Other Things We Mention
- Seasons of Vermont Box #3!
- Great Northern Yarn Haul
- Must Love Yarn Virtual Knit Groups
- The Must Love Yarn shop is open for shopping on Sundays again! We’ll be open 12-4pm, see you soon!
- Our in person knit groups will be meeting again at the shop. These knit groups will be outside only (weather permitting), bring your projects and a lawn chair and practice social distancing. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone Wednesday 5-7pm and Sunday 1-3pm!
- The Berroco Dropship program is continuing with some great summer projects. Check out their latest newsletter with all of the details here!
- Unwind Retreat Dates have moved - reschedule dates are August 13-16, 2020