Thursday October 4, 2018
Where to find us:
PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- Cardiff Cashmere $25.00 (we got in some great new colors!) I show the Eowyn Mitts - Kelly
- Plymouth Yarn Galway Worsted Collage $9.99 - Angela
If you purchase any of the items this week that are in stock from Must Love Yarn, receive 10% off with the Coupon Code we mention in the podcast! Watch Episode 73 for a quick tutorial on where to enter the coupon code at checkout if you have any questions! Be sure the discount is showing in your cart before submitting your order, we can no longer offer refunds for discounts that are not applied correctly. If you have questions please send us a message before submitting your order!
What We are Wearing:
- Larch by Pam Allen (Kelly)
- Zweig (Angela) - this will be the Rhinebeck Sweater! Made some progress on the body of the sweater and am trying not to get distracted
- Little Socks (Angela)
- The Throwback (Angela) - So I’ve been pretty much exclusively working on this
- Sigla (for Bob) by Mary Jane Mucklestone (Kelly)
- Anguli Cowl by Hilary Smith Callis (Kelly)
- Super Bulky Brioche Hat (Kelly)
- Winter Lake Shawl (Angela) - tried to talk one of the kids into winding this yarn for me this weekend - no go!
- Georgetown by Hannah Fettig (Kelly)
- Desert by Ankestrick (Kelly)
- So very good (Angela)
- Green Mountain Spinnery Ragg-Time & Weekend Wool (Kelly)
- Wool: Unraveling an American Story of Artisans and Innovation by Peggy Hart (Kelly)
- Rhinebeck Bus - Headed down, Saturday, October 20, 2018. Click the link for more details.
- The Unwind with Must Love Yarn Retreat - February 28, 2019-March 3, 2019 We are putting together a weekend of fun, fiber, and friendships. Click the link for more information and to register now!
- Ancient WIPs K/CAL - Dust off those ancient WIPS (or not so ancient WIPS). Let’s clear some needles/hooks. K/CAL starts July 15, 2018 and will run through September 28, 2018. Rules - this is a K/CAL for WIPs, so anything in progress. Why is it an ancient WIPs K/CAL? Because the older the WIP, the more entries you get. For every year old the project is, enter it that may times in the FO thread when you finish it during the K/CAL. If your project is 5 years old, when you finish it you would post it 5 times in the FO thread on Ravelry. Random prizes will be drawn from the FO thread AND also a prize for the oldest WIP finished! Have fun and finish some things. I will also put up a separate thread for Frogged projects, so if you decide the best course is to just use the yarn for something else, you can post your before and after frogging pictures for a separate prize. Use #MLYAncientFrog to tag your projects on instagram!
- Baby K/CAL - it seems like there is a plethora of babies joining the world shortly, so let’s welcome them woolly style. K/CAL will begin August 1, 2018 and run until October 4, 2018. This K/CAL is for baby sized stuff (24 months and younger). WIPs allowed.
- Mitten Tree K/CAL - Starting October 1, 2018 and running through November 30, 2018. We are partnering with our local UPS Store to collect hand-made mittens, hats, or scarves for donation to their mitten tree. Enter the KAL and give back
- Not local to us? If you can’t find a collection site near you, let us know and we can see if we can assist. You can always pop your FO in the mail to us and we’ll get them donated for you.
- Rules - WIPS a-okay on this one, its for charity
- Each finished pair of mittens counts as an entry, same with hats and scarves/cowls
- Can enter multiple sets of mittens, hats, scarves/cowls
- FOs brought into the store or mailed to us will be entered into a separate drawing for prizes