Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Where to find us:
PICK OF THE WEEK:
Gift card promo, buy a $100 gift card, get a $15 gift card free! Add both to your cart and this $15 discount will automatically be applied
If you purchase in stock weekly pick yarns from Must Love Yarn, receive 10% off with the Coupon Code we mention in the podcast! Watch Episode 73 for a quick tutorial on where to enter the coupon code at checkout if you have any questions! Be sure the discount is showing in your cart before submitting your order, we can no longer offer refunds for discounts that are not applied correctly. If you have questions please send us a message before submitting your order!
What We Are Wearing:
- Dissent Sweater (Angela)
- Little Frankie Hat by Casapinka (Angela)
- Little Frankie Hat, Volume 2 by Casapinka (Angela)
- Copenhagen by PetiteKnit (Angela)
- Hedwig & Cranked Scarf (Kelly)
- The Limitless Cowl, Version 1 by Kelly Otty (Kelly)
- Blanket of Calm by Casapinka (Angela)
- All Points South Cowl by Casapinka (Angela)
- Marettimo by Caitlyn Hunter (Angela)
- Longitudes Tee by Adrienne Larsen (Angela)
- Cranky Sheep Hogwarts Socks (Angela)
- Peru Tweed Striped Rib Oversized Pullover by Barry Klein (Kelly)
- Brandilyn Top by Quenna Lee (Kelly)
- Stowe Away by Rose Beck (Kelly)
- Campsite Cap by Julie Hart (Kelly)
- Jigshawl Puzzle by Stephen West (Kelly)
- Libertas Cardigan by Shara Lambeth - Crochet (Kelly)
- Buttonbush Pullover by Heather Zoppetti (Kelly)
- Hot Cocoa Poncho by Toni Lipsey (Kelly)
- Worsted Shorty Socks by Kelly Otty (Kelly)
- Goldwing by Jennifer Steingass (Angela)
- Georgetown by Hannah Fettig - Spinning/Knitting Project (Kelly)
- Sap Run Vest by Larisa Demos (Kelly)
- Syrup Waffle by Francesca Hughes (Kelly)
- Goldwing by Jennifer Steingass out of Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok colors 1323 & 1317 (Kelly)
- Retro Along (imitative of a style, fashion, or design from the recent past.)
- Starts January 10, 2020 (bonus points for getting the joke)- March 4, 2020
- WIPS Count
- Retro us up - What does this mean?
- Retro Pattern
- Retro Yarn
- Retro Style
- Scrap Along
Starts: March 6, 2020
Ends: Approximately May 6, 2020 (why approximately, well you know me and locking threads)
- Must use “scraps” - what would qualify as “scraps”?
- Leftover Yarn
- Leftover Fabric (yes, you can sew a FO)
- Yarn that you are repurposing from its originally intended project (must also list in the Frog it Thread)
- FO can be knit, crocheted, sewed, etc.
- WIPS ALLOWED
- Needs some pattern suggestions?
Neat Ripple (crochet)
Granny Stripes (crochet)
It’s Shawl Good Cardigan (crochet)
All The Colors Shawl (crochet)
You get the idea. If you have other suggestions, please add them to the Ravelry Scrap Along Thread. There is no shortage of projects. Not sure if something qualifies? Just ask.
Get creative and have fun!
- Cloudesley Along. Thanks to a very awesome discussion during the Must Love Yarn virtual knit group, we are hosting a knit along for the Cloudesley Pattern.
- Come join us for this KAL. It will start on Friday, April 10, 2020 so there is plenty of time to check your stash or order some yarn from Must Love Yarn. A WIP will be allowed if you are just so excited and can’t wait until Friday.
- The KAL will run to approximately June 15, 2020.
- Some suggestions for yarn (Note pattern calls for fingering weight yarn, some of our suggestions are for sport or DK weight yarn, please check your gauge if you are substituting a different yarn weight):
Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy (sport)
Berroco Quinoa (DK)
Berroco Remix Light (DK)
Berroco Summer Silk (DK)
There are of course many other yarn options (even so many more available in the online store). These are mostly summer type yarns.
Other Things We Mention
- Pattern release of the Limitless Cowl (a pattern by Kelly), available on Ravelry.com or TheCrankySheep.com
Seasons of Vermont Box #2, Early Spring - Boxes Still Available!