Podcast Episode 203: Conference Knitting
Where to find us:
- Knit Group is back IN-PERSON!
- Wednesdays from 5pm-7pm (virtual group still being hosted)
- Sunday from 1pm-3pm (virtual group still being hosted)
- PODCAST PICK REVIVED:
- Berroco Modern Cotton
- 209y/100g 60% Cotton 40% Rayon/Viscose
- 5 Sts = 1 Inch on US 7 needle
- Machine wash cold, dry flat
- Details about Podcast Picks
- Good in-store or online
- Use code: ******** (have to watch the episode)
- 10% off the weekly pick items
- Runs for 2 weeks (7/1/22-7/15/22)
- Check it all out at Must Love Yarn
What We Are Wearing:
- Rock It Tee by Tanis Lavallee (Angela)
- Mira Sweater by Elizabeth Smith (Jen)
- (no need to) Panic Sweater.V2 by Casapinka (Angela)
- nope (Jen)
- Hot Pants Shorty Socks (Angela)
- Sea Glass Tee by Wool & Pine (Jen)
- Elva Tee by Juliana Lustenader (Jen)
- Fall Seasons of VT Secret knitting preview (Jen)
- Ric Rac by Casapinka (Angela)
- Lozenge Cowl by Peg Mayor (Angela)
- Evenfall by Andrea Mowry (Jen)
- Pinions by Sharon From Security/Casapinka (Jen)
- Jen’s Second Summer Fields Tank by Kristen Kapur (Jen)
- Opus pattern by Maxim Cyr (Jen)
- Painting Honeycombs Jacket (Jen)
- Tree Dancer by The Autumn Acorn (Angela)
- Cityscape Tank by Lisa K. Ross (Angela)
- Vejers Sweater by Camilla Vad, but later in summer (Jen)
- Love Note by tincanknits, in black (Jen)
- Cedro by Thea Colman (Jen)
Upcoming Events and Exciting Things:
- New Summer Class schedule - classes posted
- Kick-off Party Tour de Fleece with Drop Spindle class (Kelly); 4-6pm July 1st at MLY
- Botanical Alchemy Natural Dyeing Workshop with Tammy White of Wing and a Prayer Farm; Saturday Jul 16, 2022 from 10am-3pm. Sign up in-store or on-line.
- Summer Marketplace Events (10am-2pm)
- July 9, 2022
- August 13, 2022
- September 10, 2022
- Great Northern Yarn Haul - July 8-31st!
- 2022 Seasons of Vermont Boxes
- June 2022 - BALANCE has been released
- Featuring yarn from Legacy Fiber Artz and Fiber Stash Dyeworks, fabric coasters from one.stitch.back, Firefly Nights shawl pattern from Jen, cocktail/mocktail infusion from Oakano and many other Vermonty goodies!
- Will be 4 boxes this year - released mid-March, mid-June, mid-September, and mid-December.
- From the Ground Up Cosy pattern is up on Ravelry (March Seasons of VT box)!
Other Things We Mention:
- Upcoming Summer Marketplaces - watch social media and newsletter for updates and announcements.
- Snitch Seeker Hat Kits for Jen’s pattern (Snitch Seeker Hat) - available in-store and on-line
- Places to Donate:
- Seasons of Vermont (SOV) Along - PRIZES DRAWN - KAL will continue
- Starts March 18, 2022 (Release date of the first SOV box in 2022)
- Ends May 15, 2022* subject to extensions
- Have a SOV box that you need motivation to use? Join us for this KAL using SOV yarns and patterns. Don’t have an SOV box? Not a problem, use of the released patterns from the box and your project will qualify. Use both yarn and pattern and gain extra entries.
- Want to look at the SOV patterns? We have created a SOV Bundle
- Summer Tank Along
- Starts 6/17/22
- Ends 9/5/22
- No Sleeves (i.e. Tanks), must be a member of the Ravelry Group, WIPs allowed
- Come join us for a summer tank along. There are so many different tank options out there both knit and crochet.
- Take our Crochet Tank Class this summer