Episode 090: Spinning & A Mess
Thursday May 24, 2018
Where to find us:
PICKS OF THE WEEK:
- Making Magazine, No. 5 Color - Kelly
- Berroco Modern Cotton (worsted) - Angela. Couple ideas for patterns: Battersea (free pattern) or Easy Folded Poncho (pattern and Project made with Modern Comfort)
- If you purchase any of the items this week that are in stock from Must Love Yarn, receive 10% off with the Coupon Code we mention in the podcast! Watch Episode 73 for a quick tutorial on where to enter the coupon code at checkout if you have any questions! Be sure the discount is showing in your cart before submitting your order, we can no longer offer refunds for discounts that are not applied correctly. If you have questions please send us a message before submitting your order!
What We are Wearing:
- No hand-knits - (Angela)
- No hand-knits - (Kelly)
- Nothing to see here this week...
- Insouciant (Angela)- the back is finished!! But now its in timeout
- Jelly Roll Socks (Angela) - got the heel turned on the 2nd sock!
- Changes Shawl (Angela)
- Changes Shawl by Knitting Expat Designs (Kelly)
- Jessie’s Girl by Elizabeth Smith (Kelly)
- Swatching for Georgetown using handspun (Kelly)
- Little Sock Arms Sweater (Angela)
- Georgetown by Hannah Fettig (Kelly)
- Spinning up two 3 ply samples of Spunky Eclectic Falkland in the Colorway For A Cause: Nigerian Dwarf color. I’m spinning a semi-woolen yarn to use for the Georgetown by Hannah Fettig.
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Knitting Book: Revised and Updated (Feb. 2018) (Angela)
- June 2, 2018 in the afternoon - Meet the Farmers and Trunk Show. Trunk shows with Green Mountain Spinnery and FiberStash Dyeworks.
- June 9, 2018 - World Wide Knit in Public Day
- July 13-29, 2018 - Great Northern Yarn Haul . Now has a Ravelry Group.
- July 14, 2018 - Lithuanian Colorwork Mittens Class with Donna Druchunas
- July 28, 2018 - Evening at the Ballpark with the Vermont Lake Monsters
- Jodi Shawl KAL - started April 1 and runs through May 31. We will have more kits the weekend of April 7 from Peggy Jane Fibers. Make your own set with Primrose Jasper DK, Madelinetosh, or Malabrigo Yarn. More information, along with links, on the Ravelry Board. Post your FO’s on the Finished Object thread for prizes. If you want to share your progress on Instagram, use #mlyjodikal so we can follow along!
- Shorty Sock K/CAL - starting April 17, 2018 and running through June 17, 2018. We’ve posted some pattern ideas on the Ravelry Board. We also show a C/KAL prize generously donated by Green Mountain Spinnery.
- Summer TShirt K/CAL. Starts May 1, 2018 and runs through July 31, 2018. Check out our Bundle on Ravelry for lots of pattern inspiration. Use #MLYSummerKAL to share your progress on your summer tops. Feel free to swatch before May 1st!
- Mad Hatter Along??? (i.e. colorwork hat?)
- 3 Color Shawl Along? Color Affection, Suburban Wrap,
- We will be doing giveaways during the June 2, 2018 Meet the Farmer’s Event.
New In Store:
- Season’s of Vermont Think Summer Box - still a few available.
- Wonderland Yarn
- Baah Yarn
- Laine Magazine - Issue 5 - Pastel