Podcast Episode 220: Sea Glass
Where to find us:
- Knit Group is back IN-PERSON!
- Wednesdays from 5pm-7pm (virtual group still being hosted) - NEW Zoom Codes!
- Sunday from 1pm-3pm (virtual group still being hosted) - NEW Zoom Codes!
- PODCAST PICK:
- WonderLand Yarns LYS Day 2023 Colorway
85% Superwash Merino, 15% Nylon
7-8 Sts = 1" on US 0-3 Needles
Local Yarn Store Day Colors 2023
A delightfully soft hand with the perfect smoothness and durability you want in your favorite sock yarn.
- Hand-dyed in Brattleboro, VT
- Good in-store or online
- Use code: GIVEN ON THE PODCAST
- 10% off the weekly pick items
- Runs for (5/26/23-6/09/23)
- Check it all out at Must Love Yarn
What We Are Wearing:
- Garden Gate by Jennifer Steingass (Angela)
- Sea Glass Tee by Wool & Pine (Jen)
- Aestas Top by Hooked by Anna (Mannequin #1)
- Not a one!!!(Angela)
- Sea Glass Tee by Wool & Pine (Jen)
- VKL Sock (Angela)
- Sweety Tweety Sweater by Chris Berlin (Angela)
- Fluxion by Claudia Eisenkolb (Angela)
- Fluxion by Claudia Eisenkolb (Jen)
- Super not so secret SOV Knitting (Jen)
- Tassels in the Sky by Vincent Villapando (Jen)
- Hor no 16 by Lone Kjeldsen (Jen)- in total timeout and going to be frogged
- Bouldering by Kirsten Hipsky (Jen)
- Jonquil by Alison Green (Angela)
- Evenfall by Andrea Mowry (Jen)
- Pinions by Sharon From Security/Casapinka (Jen)
- Jen’s Second Summer Fields Tank by Kristen Kapur (Jen)
- Opus pattern by Maxim Cyr (Jen)
- Painting Honeycombs Jacket (Jen)
- Mini Sunset Boulevard Tank (#2) (Angela)
- Second Woolens & Nosh Tonal Sweater KAL (Angela)- Drawing Sweater
- Third Woolens & Nosh Tonal Sweater - Nor-easter by Baby Cocktails (Angela)
Upcoming Events and Exciting Things:
- Summer Classes are up on the website!
- Worldwide Knit in Public Day - June 10, 2023
- 2023 Seasons of Vermont Boxes
- BRIGHT - Release date 6/9/23
- Yarn from Yellow Dog Farm, MLY made stitch markers, Woolen Wash from Grace & Mouse, Runamok Maple Syrup with drink recipes
- LIGHT - release date 3/20/23.
- Yarn from Junction Fiber Mill, Cute MLY branded project bag, MLY made stitch markers, Woolen Wash from Grace & Miss Mouse, Runamok Maple Syrup with drink recipes, and other fun treats
- Great Northern Yarn Haul - July 7, 2023-July 31, 2023
Other Things We Mention:
- SAVE THE DATE - March 21-24, 2024
- Juniper Moon Bud and Juniper Moon Dappled
- Seasons of Vermont (SOV) Along - KAL will continue!!!!
- Starts March 18, 2022 (Release date of the first SOV box in 2022)
- Ends when the SVO stopped being released
- Have a SOV box that you need motivation to use? Join us for this KAL using SOV yarns and patterns. Don’t have an SOV box? Not a problem, use of the released patterns from the box and your project will qualify. Use both yarn and pattern and gain extra entries.
- Want to look at the SOV patterns? We have created a SOV Bundle
- We will draw a prize from the FO Thread every time a new box is released
- Warmth With Yarn K/CAL (ANNUAL) - Please message us if you donated!!
- Starts 9/1/22
- Ends 12/31/22
- Our annual K/CAL for donation knitting. Help provide warm items for donation. We pick local organizations to donate to. You can drop off your items at the store. Not local to us? Donate locally and enter in the Ravelry Thread.
- NEW!! FluxAlong - Chatter Thread and FO Thread
- Starts NOW - come cast on at LYS Day, April 19, 2023 from 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Ends June 14, 2023 (or thereabouts)
- What is this? Come knit the Fluxion Tank by Claudia Eisenkolb or Lone Kjeldsen Patterns or make an argument that your project fits the Fluxalong
- Woolens & Nosh is hosting a KAL
- Cast on a sweater using Woolens & Nosh Tonal Yarn between 2/10/23-6/20/23
- “Sweater” is loosely defined as an adult sized something that covers the majority of your torso and/or arms. Ponchos are okay, short sleeves full body length and cropped with full sleeves are ok. Bralettes and cropped tank tops are out.
- Post your progress photos to the Chatter Thread on Ravelry and on Instagram using #woolensandnoshsweatermal.
- Post your finished object photos in the Finished Objects Thread on Ravelry by June 20, 2023.
- Check out the Tonal Collection by Woolens & Nosh