Podcast Episode 208: Rhinebeck Re-Cap
Where to find us:
- Knit Group is back IN-PERSON!
- Wednesdays from 5pm-7pm (virtual group still being hosted)
- Sunday from 1pm-3pm (virtual group still being hosted)
- PODCAST PICK:Berroco Mochi
- 191y/50g 37% Baby Alpaca, 35% Nylon, 26% Fine Merino, 2% Other Fibers
- 4 Sts = 1" on US 9 Needles
- Hand wash, dry flat
- Details about Podcast Picks
- Good in-store or online
- Use code: GIVEN ON THE PODCAST
- 10% off the weekly pick items
- Runs for 2 weeks (10/28/22-11/11/22)
- Check it all out at Must Love Yarn
What We Are Wearing:
- Campsider by Alicia Plummer (Angela)
- The Shift by Andrea Mowry (Jen)
- Pawlet sweater by Amy Christoffers (Mannequin 1)- Knit in Berroco Mochi
- Waitsfield scarf by Amy Christoffers (Mannequin 1)- Knit in Berroco Mochi
- Stowe sweater by Amy Christoffers (Mannequin 2)- Knit in Berroco Mochi
- We also showed the Bennington Cowl and Beret by Amy Cristoffers and the Shoulder Cozy by Churchmouse Yarns
WHAT? None this time around!
- Double Stuff Mittens by Cap Sease (Angela)
- Feeling Whimsey by Drops (Angela)
- Bouldering by Kirsten Hipsky (Jen)
- Welcome Blanket (Jen interpretation) - can use this pattern Come Together Blanket
- Lozenge Cowl by Peg Mayor (Angela)
- Holly Berry Headband by Noemi Zimmer (Angela)
- Jonquil by Alison Green (Angela)
- Evenfall by Andrea Mowry (Jen)
- Pinions by Sharon From Security/Casapinka (Jen)
- Jen’s Second Summer Fields Tank by Kristen Kapur (Jen)
- Opus pattern by Maxim Cyr (Jen)
- Painting Honeycombs Jacket (Jen)
- Sea Glass Tee by Wool & Pine (Jen)
- Boho Shell by Annie Lupton (Jen)
- Three Seasons Cardigan by Wool & Pine (Angela)
- Sian by Elizabeth Doherty (Angela)
- Ginny by Andrea Mowry (Angela)
- Desperate Housewife Cardigan by Melanie Berg (Angela)
- Vejers Sweater by Camilla Vad, but later in summer (Jen)
- Love Note by tincanknits, in black…or Glass Ceiling? (Jen)
- Cedro by Thea Colman (Jen)
Upcoming Events and Exciting Things:
- Fall classes are up on the website!
- 2022 Seasons of Vermont Boxes
- GRATITUDE box now available! Mountaintop Socks pattern, DK weight self-striping yarn + complementary mini-skein by Woolens and Nosh, and bag by Fitzhugh Perfectly (and lots of other goodies)!
- June 2022 - BALANCE still available
Other Things We Mention:
- Wool & Folk and NY Sheep & Wool Re-Cap
- Seasons of Vermont (SOV) Along - PRIZES DRAWN - KAL will continue
- Starts March 18, 2022 (Release date of the first SOV box in 2022)
- Ends May 15, 2022* subject to extensions
- Have a SOV box that you need motivation to use? Join us for this KAL using SOV yarns and patterns. Don’t have an SOV box? Not a problem, use of the released patterns from the box and your project will qualify. Use both yarn and pattern and gain extra entries.
- Want to look at the SOV patterns? We have created a SOV Bundle
- Summer Tank Along - PRIZES!!!!!
- Starts 6/17/22
- Ends 9/5/22
- No Sleeves (i.e. Tanks), must be a member of the Ravelry Group, WIPs allowed
- Come join us for a summer tank along. There are so many different tank options out there both knit and crochet.
- Take our Crochet Tank Class this summer
- Cables & Lace Along (NEW & UPCOMING) - FO Thread & Chatter Thread
- Starts 9/15/22
- Ends 11/30/22
- Project must have cables or lace or both (extra entry if the project has both). WIPS allowed. So many fun projects for something like this from a cabled headband, to a sweater like Three Seasons Cardigan.
- Warmth With Yarn K/CAL (ANNUAL)
- Starts 9/1/22
- Ends 12/31/22
- Our annual K/CAL for donation knitting. Help provide warm items for donation. We pick local organizations to donate to. You can drop off your items at the store. Not local to us? Donate locally and enter in the Ravelry Thread.
- Sparkle Along (NEW & UPCOMING)
- Starts October 1, 2022
- Ends December 31, 2022
- Make it sparkle! Use a sparkle yarn, add a sparkle detail such as beads or Stellaris Yarn to your project