Thursday August 30, 2018
Where to find us:
PICKS OF THE WEEK:
If you purchase any of the items this week that are in stock from Must Love Yarn, receive 10% off with the Coupon Code we mention in the podcast! Watch Episode 73 for a quick tutorial on where to enter the coupon code at checkout if you have any questions! Be sure the discount is showing in your cart before submitting your order, we can no longer offer refunds for discounts that are not applied correctly. If you have questions please send us a message before submitting your order!
What We are Wearing:
- No hand knits today (Angela)
- CSM Regia Pairfect Socks! (Kelly)
- New Shorty socks (Angela)
- Zweig (Angela) - this will be the Rhinebeck Sweater! Powering through the size issues - so we’ll see
- It’s a Boxy (Angela)
- Little Socks (Angela)
- Winterly by Suvi Simola (Kelly)
- Larch by Pam Allen (Kelly)
- Winter Lake Shawl (Angela) -
- Marettimo (Angela) - I have reactive hands...yarn is okay.
- Georgetown by Hannah Fettig (Kelly)
- Rhinebeck Bus - Headed down, Saturday, October 20, 2018. Click the link for more details.
- The Unwind with Must Love Yarn Retreat - February 28, 2019-March 3, 2019 We are putting together a weekend of fun, fiber, and friendships. Our hope is to have most details, anticipated schedule, and cost lined up as soon as the caterer (i.e. bar service) gets back to me with anticipated costs.
- Multicolor Summer Shawl Along - Shawl must have 3 or more colors to count. No WIPS, cast on your project with everyone on June 15, 2018. Some suggestions for patterns: Color Affection, Suburban Wrap, Exploration Station, Mystic Sunset, or others in the Ravelry Group Bundle. K/CAL started June 15, 2018 and runs through September 15, 2018. We will have a chatter thread on Ravelry and a FO Thread, post on Instagram using #mlysummershawl so we can follow along too!
- Ancient WIPs K/CAL - Dust off those ancient WIPS (or not so ancient WIPS). Let’s clear some needles/hooks. K/CAL starts July 15, 2018 and will run through September 28, 2018. Rules - this is a K/CAL for WIPs, so anything in progress. Why is it an ancient WIPs K/CAL? Because the older the WIP, the more entries you get. For every year old the project is, enter it that may times in the FO thread when you finish it during the K/CAL. If your project is 5 years old, when you finish it you would post it 5 times in the FO thread on Ravelry. Random prizes will be drawn from the FO thread AND also a prize for the oldest WIP finished! Have fun and finish some things. I will also put up a separate thread for Frogged projects, so if you decide the best course is to just use the yarn for something else, you can post your before and after frogging pictures for a separate prize. Use #MLYAncientFrog to tag your projects on instagram!
- Baby K/CAL - it seems like there is a plethora of babies joining the world shortly, so let’s welcome them woolly style. K/CAL will begin August 1, 2018 and run until October 4, 2018. This K/CAL is for baby sized stuff (24 months and younger). WIPs allowed.
- Mitten Tree K/CAL - Starting October 1, 2018 and running through November 30, 2018. We are partnering with our local UPS Store to collect hand-made mittens for donation to their mitten tree. Enter the KAL and give back
- Not local to us? If you can’t find a collection site near you, let us know and we can see if we can assist. You can always pop your mittens in the mail to us and we’ll get them donated for you.
- Rules - WIPS a-okay on this one, its for charity
- Each finished pair of mittens counts as an entry
- Can enter multiple sets of mittens
- Mitten Sets brought into the store or mailed to us will be entered into a separate drawing for prizes